1. What are the food safety related and other standards covered in Krishi GAP platform
ON FARM PRODUCTION STANDARDS
India good Agricultural Practices, GlobalG.A.P, National Program for Organic Production, NPOP, National Organic Program , USA.
POST HARVEST PROCESSING STANDARDS
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems, BRCGS Global Food Safety Standard, FSSC 22000 Food Safety Standard, BRCGS Packaging Materials Global Standard
ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems, ISO 50001, Energy Management, SA 8000 Social accounting, Rainforest Alliance, Fail trade International.
Pack Houses, Cold Storages, Laboratories, Dry Warehouses
2. What is the objective of Krishi GAP
Krishi GAP objective is, to digitally reach all the important crop production and food processing centers and to create large pool of skilled persons (Food Safety bearers) who will become enablers in promoting food safety across food supply chain and to create impact on:
• Increase in income through better farm produce market linkages
• Safety, Healthof the farmers, workers, personnel in the processing sector.
• Sustainable and profitable agricultural operations
• Positive effect on Climate Change
• Safe food for the consumers
• Trained people in rural areas through skill development.
• Increased farm exports from India.
3. Who are Krishi GAP Customers
• Farmers organizations, Food growers, Food processors/ packers, Food exporters/importers, Food retailers, Institutions, faculty and students in food supply chain, Suppliers of farm inputs
4. What Krishi GAP platform provides in the platform.
• Guidance: Virtual access to templates on Quality Manual, Procedures, Work Instructions, Risk Assessments, Management Plans, and Records etc. in generic form for the respective standards. An organization can use these for reference and incorporate its own requirements based on its processes, business operations, standard requirements, and local conditions.
• Skill Development: Virtual training programs will be organized towards ease of implementation of the standards and to create large pool of skilled persons ., which will facilitate compliances (Training on audit principles as per ISO 19011, Internal Inspectors, Internal Auditors, Food Safety, Hygiene, Crop specific, Workers health, welfare, safety. Online certificates will be provided to the participant’s .Domain experts in respective standards will impart the training.
5. Whether Krishi GAP platform is involved in Certification activity
• Krishi GAP platform shall not involve in the certification activities, which will be provided by Accredited Certification Bodies, approved by National Accreditation Bodies and selected independently by the implementers
6. From Which Sources Standards have to be purchased
• You are advised to purchase the standard copyfor the relevant standard from the standard owners by visiting their websites. Some you can download free from the standard owners sites and some are at cost Example www.iso.org, www.globalgap.org, www.qcin.org, www.apeda.gov.in, www.ams.usda.gov, www.mygfsi.com, www.rainforest-alliance.org, www.fairtrade.net.
7. How do I access to Krishi GAP Platform
• Through Subscriptions and you can register on the platform